Doctor: You"re in good health. You"ll live to be eighty.
Patient: But, doctor, I am 80 right now.
Doctor: See, what did I tell you.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: I
Found: 1165 results
adj. That cannot be rubbed out or removed. indelibly adv. [latin deleo efface]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 (often foll. By from, against) secure (a person) in respect of harm, a loss, etc.
- (often foll. By for) exempt from a penalty.
- compensate. indemnification n. [latin indemnis free from loss]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 a compensation for damage. B sum exacted by a victor in war.
- security against loss.
- exemption from penalties.
n. - indenting, esp. In printing.
—n. - (usu. In pl.) Sealed agreement or contract.
- formal list, certificate, etc. —v. (-ring) hist. Bind by indentures, esp. As an apprentice. [anglo-french: related to *indent]
n. - flashing light on a vehicle showing the direction in which it is about to turn.
- person or thing that indicates.
- device indicating the condition of a machine etc.
- recording instrument.
- board giving information, esp. Times of trains etc.
adj. Feeling or showing indignation. indignantly adv. [latin dignus worthy]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 humiliating treatment or quality.
n. - act of inducting or inducing.
- act of bringing on (esp. Labour) by artificial means.
- inference of a general law from particular instances.
- (often attrib.) Formal introduction to a new job etc. (induction course).
- electr. A production of an electric or magnetic state by the proximity (without contact) of an electrified or magnetized body. B production of an electric current by a change of magnetic field.
- drawing of the fuel mixture into the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine.
adj. - (of reasoning etc.) Based on induction.
- of electric or magnetic induction.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A South African monkey was once awarded a medal and promoted to the rank of corporal during World War I.