A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - worshipper of idols.
- devoted admirer. idolatrous adj. Idolatry n. [related to *idol, greek latreuo worship] IGNITION
n. - mechanism for, or the action of, starting combustion in an internal-combustion engine.
- igniting or being ignited. IGNOMINY
n. Dishonour, infamy. [latin: related to *in-1, latin (g)nomen name]
adj. - (often foll. By of, in) lacking knowledge (esp. Of a fact or subject).
- colloq. Uncouth. ignorantly adv. ILLFATED
adj. Destined to or bringing bad fortune.
adj. Done or occurring at an inappropriate time.
v. Treat badly; abuse.
v. (-ning) literary 1 light up; make bright.
- enlighten. ILLUSION
n. - false impression or belief.
- state of being deceived by appearances. - figment of the imagination. be under the illusion (foll. By that) believe mistakenly. illusive adj. Illusory adj. [latin illudo mock] IMBECILE
—n. - colloq. Stupid person.
- person with a mental age of about five. —adj. Mentally weak; stupid, idiotic. imbecilic adj. Imbecility n. (pl. -ies). [french from latin]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn it"s stomach inside-out.