One evening Sherlock Holmes was going along the street and suddenly saw a man down…
- It’s certain, this gentleman is very tired after work… or he is dead drunk… or he is after being with a woman, … — reflected Holmes. As it’s Sunday today, he can’t be coming back from work… At such a late hour all shops are closed, and he couldn’t buy alcohol. So he is coming back from a woman. But in this remote place there are only two women — Watson’s wife and mine. Consequently, as I’m coming back from Watson’s wife, …
- Watson, rascal, get up!!!
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adv. & adj. At sea but close to the shore.
dealing n. Stock exch. Illegal practice of trading to one's own advantage through having access to confidential information.
- n. - person who is within an organization etc. - person privy to a secret. INSIGHT
n. (usu. Foll. By into) 1 capacity of understanding hidden truths etc.
- instance of this. INSIPID
adj. - lacking vigour or character; dull.
- tasteless. insipidity n. Insipidly adv. [latin sapio have savour] INSOFAR
adv. = in so far (see *far).
v. - look closely at.
- examine officially. inspection n. [latin spicio spect- look] INSPIRE
v. (-ring) 1 stimulate (a person) to esp. Creative activity.
- a (usu. Foll. By with) animate (a person) with a feeling. B create (a feeling) in a person (inspires confidence). - prompt; give rise to (a poem inspired by love). - (as inspired adj.) Characterized by inspiration. inspiring adj. [latin spiro breathe] INSTALL
v. (also instal) (-ll-) 1 place (equipment etc.) In position ready for use.
- place (a person) in an office or rank with ceremony. - establish (oneself, a person, etc.). installation n. [latin: related to *stall1] INSTANT
—adj. - occurring immediately.
- (of food etc.) Processed for quick preparation. - urgent; pressing. - commerce of the current month (the 6th instant). —n. - precise moment (come here this instant). - short space of time (in an instant). [latin insto be urgent] INSTEAD
adv. - (foll. By of) in place of.
- as an alternative.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A duck can"t walk without bobbing it"s head.