Jack was living in Arizona during a heat wave when the following took place.
"It"s just too hot to wear clothes today," complained Jack as he stepped out of the shower. "Honey, what do you think the neighbors would think if I mowed the lawn like this?"
"Probably that I married you for your money."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ring) 1 (often foll. By to + infin.) Entreat (a person).
- beg earnestly for. [latin ploro weep] IMPOUND
v. - confiscate.
- take legal possession of. - shut up (animals) in a pound. IMPRESS
—v. - (often foll. By with) a affect or influence deeply. B affect (a person) favourably (was most impressed).
- (often foll. By on) emphasize (an idea etc.) (must impress on you the need to be prompt). - a (often foll. By on) imprint or make (a mark). B mark (a thing) with a stamp, seal, etc. —n. - mark made by a seal, stamp, etc. - characteristic mark or quality. impressible adj. [french: related to *press1] IMPRINT
—v. - (often foll. By on) impress firmly, esp. On the mind.
- a (often foll. By on) make a stamp or impression of (a figure etc.) On a thing. B make an impression on (a thing) with a stamp etc. —n. - impression, stamp. - printer's or publisher's name etc. Printed in a book. IMPROVE
v. (-ving) 1 a make or become better. B (foll. By on, upon) produce something better than.
- (as improving adj.) Giving moral benefit (improving literature). improvable adj. Improvement n. [anglo-french emprower from french prou profit] IMPULSE
buying n. Purchasing goods on impulse.
- n. - sudden urge (felt an impulse to laugh). - tendency to follow such urges (man of impulse). - impelling; a push. - impetus. - physics a large temporary force producing a change of momentum (e.g. A hammer-blow). B change of momentum so produced. - wave of excitation in a nerve. [latin: related to *pulse1] INBOARD
—adv. Within the sides or towards the centre of a ship, aircraft, or vehicle. —adj. Situated inboard.
n. - gum or spice producing a sweet smell when burned.
- smoke of this, esp. In religious ceremonial. [church latin incensum] - v. (-sing) make angry. [latin: related to *incendiary] - v. (-sing) make angry. [latin: related to *incendiary] INCISOR
n. Cutting-tooth, esp. At the front of the mouth.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.