- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ring) 1 (often foll. By to + infin.) Entreat (a person).
- beg earnestly for. [latin ploro weep] IMPOUND
v. - confiscate.
- take legal possession of. - shut up (animals) in a pound. IMPRESS
—v. - (often foll. By with) a affect or influence deeply. B affect (a person) favourably (was most impressed).
- (often foll. By on) emphasize (an idea etc.) (must impress on you the need to be prompt). - a (often foll. By on) imprint or make (a mark). B mark (a thing) with a stamp, seal, etc. —n. - mark made by a seal, stamp, etc. - characteristic mark or quality. impressible adj. [french: related to *press1] IMPRINT
—v. - (often foll. By on) impress firmly, esp. On the mind.
- a (often foll. By on) make a stamp or impression of (a figure etc.) On a thing. B make an impression on (a thing) with a stamp etc. —n. - impression, stamp. - printer's or publisher's name etc. Printed in a book. IMPROVE
v. (-ving) 1 a make or become better. B (foll. By on, upon) produce something better than.
- (as improving adj.) Giving moral benefit (improving literature). improvable adj. Improvement n. [anglo-french emprower from french prou profit] IMPULSE
buying n. Purchasing goods on impulse.
- n. - sudden urge (felt an impulse to laugh). - tendency to follow such urges (man of impulse). - impelling; a push. - impetus. - physics a large temporary force producing a change of momentum (e.g. A hammer-blow). B change of momentum so produced. - wave of excitation in a nerve. [latin: related to *pulse1] INBOARD
—adv. Within the sides or towards the centre of a ship, aircraft, or vehicle. —adj. Situated inboard.
n. - gum or spice producing a sweet smell when burned.
- smoke of this, esp. In religious ceremonial. [church latin incensum] - v. (-sing) make angry. [latin: related to *incendiary] - v. (-sing) make angry. [latin: related to *incendiary] INCISOR
n. Cutting-tooth, esp. At the front of the mouth.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A hedgehog"s heart beats 300 times a minute on average.