Police in Los Angeles had good luck with a robbery suspect who just couldn’t control himself during a lineup.
When detectives asked each man in the lineup to repeat the words, “Give me all your money or I’ll shoot,”
the man shouted, “That’s not what I said!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - unskilful.
- absurd, silly. - out of place. ineptitude n. Ineptly adv. [latin: related to *apt] INERT
adj. - without inherent power of action, motion, or resistance.
- not reacting chemically with other substances (inert gas). - sluggish, slow; lifeless. [latin iners -ert-: related to *art] INFER
v. (-rr-) 1 deduce or conclude.
- imply. inferable adj. [latin fero bring] INFIX
v. Fasten or fix in.
adv. Below, further on (in a book etc.). [latin, = below]
- comb. Form below. - dig predic. Adj. Colloq. Beneath one's dignity. [latin infra dignitatem] INGOT
n. (usu. Oblong) piece of cast metal, esp. Gold. [origin uncertain]
n. (often in pl.) Relative by marriage.
—v. (past and past part. Inlaid) 1 embed (a thing in another) so that the surfaces are even.
- decorate (a thing with inlaid work). —n. - inlaid work. - material inlaid. - filling shaped to fit a tooth-cavity. [from *in-2, *lay1] INLET
n. - small arm of the sea, a lake, or a river.
- piece inserted. - way of entry. [from *in, *let1] INNER
city n. Central area of a city, esp. Regarded as having particular problems (also (with hyphen) attrib.: inner-city housing).
- man n. (also inner woman) 1 soul or mind. - joc. Stomach. - tube n. Separate inflatable tube inside a pneumatic tyre. - —adj. (usu. Attrib.) 1 inside; interior. - (of thoughts, feelings, etc.) Deeper. —n. Archery 1 division of the target next to the bull's-eye. - shot striking this. innermost adj. [old english, comparative of *in]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.