- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: I
Found: 1165 results
adj. - unskilful.
- absurd, silly.
- out of place. ineptitude n. Ineptly adv. [latin: related to *apt]
adj. - without inherent power of action, motion, or resistance.
- not reacting chemically with other substances (inert gas).
- sluggish, slow; lifeless. [latin iners -ert-: related to *art]
v. (-rr-) 1 deduce or conclude.
- imply. inferable adj. [latin fero bring]
v. Fasten or fix in.
adv. Below, further on (in a book etc.). [latin, = below]
- comb. Form below.
- dig predic. Adj. Colloq. Beneath one's dignity. [latin infra dignitatem]
n. (usu. Oblong) piece of cast metal, esp. Gold. [origin uncertain]
n. (often in pl.) Relative by marriage.
—v. (past and past part. Inlaid) 1 embed (a thing in another) so that the surfaces are even.
- decorate (a thing with inlaid work). —n. - inlaid work.
- material inlaid.
- filling shaped to fit a tooth-cavity. [from *in-2, *lay1]
n. - small arm of the sea, a lake, or a river.
- piece inserted.
- way of entry. [from *in, *let1]
city n. Central area of a city, esp. Regarded as having particular problems (also (with hyphen) attrib.: inner-city housing).
- man n. (also inner woman) 1 soul or mind.
- joc. Stomach.
- tube n. Separate inflatable tube inside a pneumatic tyre.
- —adj. (usu. Attrib.) 1 inside; interior.
- (of thoughts, feelings, etc.) Deeper. —n. Archery 1 division of the target next to the bull's-eye.
- shot striking this. innermost adj. [old english, comparative of *in]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The cockroach has a high resistance to radiation and is the creature most likely to survive a nuclear war.