—adj. - of or appealing to the intellect.
- possessing a highly developed intellect.
- requiring the intellect. —n. Intellectual person. intellectuality n. Intellectualize v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing). Intellectually adv.
n. - a intellect; understanding. B quickness of understanding.
- a the collecting of information, esp. Of military or political value. B information so collected. C people employed in this.
- quotient n. Number denoting the ratio of a person's intelligence to the average.
adj. Able to be understood. intelligibility n. Intelligibly adv.
n. Interceding. intercessor n. [latin: related to *intercede]
v. Connect with each other. interconnection n.
n. - act of interfering.
- fading or disturbance of received radio signals.
- physics combination of two or more wave motions to form a resultant wave in which the displacement is reinforced or cancelled.
n. Exclamation, esp. As a part of speech (e.g. Ah!, dear me!).
n. Formal person who takes part in a conversation. [latin loquor speak]
—n. (pl. -ies) intermediate person or thing, esp. A mediator. —adj. Acting as mediator; intermediate.
—adj. Coming between two things in time, place, order, character, etc. —n. - intermediate thing.
- chemical compound formed by one reaction and then used in another. [latin intermedius]