What is the longest word in the English language? «Smiles». Because there is a mile between its first and last letters!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: G
Found: 992 results
n. American burrowing rodent, ground-squirrel, or burrowing tortoise. [origin uncertain]
n. - (in greek mythology) each of three snake-haired sisters (esp. Medusa) with the power to turn anyone who looked at them to stone.
- frightening or repulsive woman. [greek gorgos terrible]
n. Working slowly, as a form of industrial action.
n. - teaching or revelation of christ.
- (gospel) a record of christ's life in the first four books of the new testament. B each of these books. C portion from one of them read at a service.
- (also gospel truth) thing regarded as absolutely true.
- (in full gospel music) black american religious singing. [old english: related to *good, *spell1 = news]
column n. Section of a newspaper devoted to gossip about well-known people. gossip columnist n.
- —n. - a unconstrained talk or writing, esp. About persons or social incidents. B idle talk.
- person who indulges in gossip. —v. (-p-) talk or write gossip. gossipy adj. [old english, originally ‘godparent’, hence ‘familiar acquaintance’]
—adj. - of the goths.
- in the style of architecture prevalent in w. Europe in the 12th–16th c., characterized by pointed arches.
- (of a novel etc.) In a style popular in the 18th–19th c., with supernatural or horrifying events.
- barbarous, uncouth. —n. - gothic language.
- gothic architecture. [latin: related to *goth]
us past part. Of *get.
v. - rule or control with authority; conduct the policy and affairs of.
- influence or determine (a person or course of action).
- be a standard or principle for.
- check or control (esp. Passions).
- gram. (esp. Of a verb or preposition) have (a noun or pronoun or its case) depending on it. [greek kubernao steer]
var. Of *gram.
n. Country house with farm-buildings. [latin granica: related to *grain]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Reindeer like to eat bananas.