Tom had won a toy at a raffle. He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
“Who is the most obedient?” he asked. “Who never talks back to mother? Who does everything she says?”
Five small voices answered in unison. “Okay, dad, you get the toy.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - large diving sea bird.
- slang greedy person. [old english] GANTRY
n. (pl. -ies) structure supporting a travelling crane, railway or road signals, rocket-launching equipment, etc. [probably gawn, a dial. Form of *gallon, + *tree]
var. Of *jailer.
—n. - building for housing a vehicle.
- establishment selling petrol etc., or repairing and selling vehicles. —v. (-ging) put or keep in a garage. [french] GARBLE
v. (-ling) 1 (esp. As garbled adj.) Unintentionally distort or confuse (facts, messages, etc.).
- make a (usu. Unfair) selection from (facts, statements, etc.). [italian from arabic] GARDEN
centre n. Place where plants and garden equipment are sold.
- city n. Town spaciously laid out with parks etc. - party n. Party held on a lawn or in a garden. - —n. - piece of ground for growing flowers, fruit, or vegetables, and as a place of recreation. - (esp. In pl.) Grounds laid out for public enjoyment. - (attrib.) Cultivated (garden plants). —v. Cultivate or tend a garden. gardening n. [germanic: related to *yard2] GARGLE
—v. (-ling) wash (the throat) with a liquid kept in motion by breathing through it. —n. Liquid for gargling. [french: related to *gargoyle]
adj. Obtrusively bright; showy; gaudy. garishly adv. Garishness n. [obsolete gaure stare]
n. Plant of the onion family with a pungent bulb used in cookery. garlicky adj. [old english, = spear-leek]
—v. - collect.
- store. —n. Literary storehouse or granary. [latin: related to *granary]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.