A rookie police officer was out for his first ride with an experienced partner. A call came in telling them to disperse some people who were loitering.
The officers drove to the street and observed a small crowd standing on a corner. The rookie rolled down his window and said, "Let"s get off the corner people."
A few glances, but no one moved, so he barked again, "Let"s get off that corner... NOW!"
Intimidated, the group of people began to leave, casting puzzled stares in his direction.
Proud of his first official act, the young policeman turned to his partner and asked, "Well, how did I do?"
"Pretty good," chuckled the vet, "especially since this is a bus stop."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. High-performance saloon car. [italian gran turismo great touring]
n. Colloq. Talk, chatter. [var. Of *gob1]
v. (-dd-) (foll. By about) go about idly or in search of pleasure. [obsolete gadling companion]
—n. - thing thrust into or tied across the mouth, esp. To prevent speaking or crying out.
- joke or comic scene. - parliamentary closure. - thing restricting free speech. —v. (-gg-) 1 apply a gag to. - silence; deprive of free speech. - choke, retch. - make gags as a comedian etc. [origin uncertain] GAL
Abbr. (also gall.) Gallon(s).
- n. Slang girl. [representing a variant pronunciation] GAP
n. - empty space, interval; deficiency.
- breach in a hedge, fence, etc. - wide divergence in views etc. gappy adj. [old norse] GAS
chamber n. Room filled with poisonous gas to kill people or animals.
- fire n. Domestic heater burning gas. - mask n. Respirator as a protection against poison gas. - ring n. Hollow ring perforated with gas jets, for cooking etc. - —n. (pl. -es) 1 any airlike substance (i.e. Not solid or liquid) moving freely to fill any space available. - such a substance (esp. Found naturally or extracted from coal) used as fuel (also attrib.: gas cooker; gas industry). - nitrous oxide or other gas as an anaesthetic. - poisonous gas used in war. - us colloq. Petrol, gasoline. - slang idle talk; boasting. - slang enjoyable or amusing thing or person. —v. (gases, gassed, gassing) 1 expose to gas, esp. To kill. - colloq. Talk idly or boastfully. GAY
—adj. - light-hearted, cheerful.
- brightly coloured. - colloq. Homosexual. - colloq. Careless, thoughtless (gay abandon). —n. Colloq. (esp. Male) homosexual. gayness n. [french] GBH
abbr. Grievous bodily harm.
abbr. General certificate of education.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Shrimps" hearts are in their heads.