As a senior citizen was driving down the freeway, his car phone rang. Answering, he heard his wife"s voice urgently warning him, "Herman, I just heard on the news that there"s a car going the wrong way on 280. Please be careful!"
"Heck," said Herman, "It"s not just one car. It"s hundreds of them!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Ornamental work in wood done with a fretsaw.
slip n. Unintentional verbal error revealing subconscious feelings.
- —adj. Of freud, his theories, or his method of psychoanalysis. —n. Follower of freud. FRICTION
n. - rubbing of one object against another.
- the resistance encountered in so moving. - clash of wills, opinions, etc. frictional adj. [latin: related to *fricative] FRIENDLY
match n. Match played for enjoyment rather than competition.
- society n. Insurance society insuring against illness etc. - —adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 outgoing, well-disposed, kindly. - a (often foll. By with) on amicable terms. B not hostile. - (in comb.) Not harming; helping (ozone-friendly; user-friendly). - = *user-friendly. —n. (pl. -ies) = *friendly match. —adv. In a friendly manner. friendliness n. FRIESIAN
n. One of a breed of black and white dairy cattle orig. From friesland. [var. Of *frisian]
v. - fill with fright (the bang frightened me; frightened of dogs).
- (foll. By away, off, out of, into) drive by fright. frightening adj. Frighteningly adv. FRIPPERY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 showy finery, esp. In dress.
- empty display in speech, literary style, etc. - (usu. In pl.) Knick-knacks. [french friperie] FRONTAGE
n. - front of a building.
- land next to a street or water etc. - extent of a front. - a the way a thing faces. B outlook. FRONTIER
n. - a border between two countries. B district on each side of this.
- limits of attainment or knowledge in a subject. - us borders between settled and unsettled country. frontiersman n. FROSTING
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow produces 200 times more gas a day than a person.