The doctor explained to Jenkins that he had a serious ailment for which an operation was absolutely imperative.
The patient turned pale and asked, "Isn’t it very dangerous?"
"Yes," the doctor replied. "Five out of six who undergo this operation die, but as for you, you have nothing to worry about."
"Why not?" eagerly inquired the patient.
"Well, you’re sure to recover because my last five patients died," the doctor reassured him.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - unfriendly, cold (frigid stare).
- (of a woman) sexually unresponsive. - (esp. Of a climate or air) cold. frigidity n. [latin frigus (n.) Cold] FRINGE
benefit n. Employee's benefit additional to salary.
- —n. - border of tassels or loose threads. - front hair hanging over the forehead. - outer limit of an area, population, etc. (often attrib.: fringe theatre). - unimportant area or part. —v. (-ging) 1 adorn with a fringe. - serve as a fringe to. [latin fimbria] FRISKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) lively, playful. friskily adv. Friskiness n.
adj. (-ier, -iest) in tight curls.
—v. (-ck-) play about cheerfully. —n. - cheerful play.
- prank. - merry party. [dutch vrolijk (adj.) From vro glad] FROSTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 cold with frost.
- covered with or as with frost. - unfriendly in manner. frostily adv. Frostiness n. FROWZY
adj. (also frowsy) (-ier, -iest) 1 fusty.
- slatternly, dingy. [origin unknown] FROZEN
past part. Of *freeze.
adj. - sparing or thrifty, esp. As regards food.
- meagre, cheap. frugality n. Frugally adv. [latin] FRUITY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 a of fruit. B tasting or smelling like fruit.
- (of a voice etc.) Deep and rich. - colloq. Slightly indecent or suggestive. fruitily adv. Fruitiness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When snakes are born with two heads, they fight each other for food.