Little Johnny and his family lived in the country, and as a result seldom had guests. He was eager to help his mother after his father appeared with two dinner guests from the office. When the dinner was nearly over, Little Johnny went to the kitchen and proudly carried in the first piece of apple pie, giving it to his father who passed it to a guest.
Little Johnny came in with a second piece of pie and gave it to his father, who again gave it to a guest.
This was too much for Little Johnny, who said, "It"s no use, Dad. The pieces are all the same size."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
cap n. Infantry undress cap.
- —n. - food for horses and cattle. - searching for food. —v. - search for food; rummage. - collect food from. - get by foraging. [germanic: related to *fodder] FORBID
v. (forbidding; past forbade or forbad; past part. Forbidden) 1 (foll. By to + infin.) Order not (i forbid you to go).
- refuse to allow (a thing, or a person to have a thing). - refuse a person entry to. god forbid! May it not happen! [old english: related to *bid] FORCED
labour n. Compulsory labour, esp. In prison.
- landing n. Emergency landing of an aircraft. - march n. Long and vigorous march, esp. By troops. FOREGO
var. Of *forgo.
—n. - (often attrib.) Large area of trees and undergrowth.
- trees in this. - large number or dense mass. —v. - plant with trees. - convert into a forest. [latin forestis: related to *foreign] FORGET
v. (forgetting; past forgot; past part. Forgotten or us forgot) 1 (often foll. By about) lose remembrance of; not remember.
- neglect or overlook. - cease to think of. forget oneself 1 act without dignity. - act selflessly. forgettable adj. [old english] FORGOT
past of *forget.
adj. - in accordance with rules, convention, or ceremony (formal dress; formal occasion).
- precise or symmetrical (formal garden). - prim or stiff. - perfunctory, in form only. - drawn up etc. Correctly; explicit (formal agreement). - of or concerned with (outward) form, not content or matter. formally adv. [latin: related to *form] FORMAT
—n. - shape and size (of a book, etc.).
- style or manner of procedure etc. - computing arrangement of data etc. —v. (-tt-) 1 arrange or put into a format. - computing prepare (a storage medium) to receive data. [latin formatus shaped: related to *form] FORMER
attrib. Adj. - of the past, earlier, previous (in former times).
- (the former) (often absol.) The first or first-mentioned of two. [related to *foremost] - comb. Form pupil in a specified form (fourth-former).
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
There are more than 50 different kinds of kangaroos.