- Doctor, doctor! I"ve had a sore stomach ever since I ate three crabs last week.
- Did they smell bad when you took them out of their shells?
- What do you mean "took them out of their shells"?
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: F
Found: 1362 results
flute n. Flute played by blowing endwise, e.g. A recorder.
- n. Plug at the mouth-end of a wind instrument. [origin unknown]
n. - discharge of guns.
year n. = *financial year.
- —adj. Of public revenue. —n. - legal official in some countries.
- scot. = *procurator fiscal. [latin fiscus treasury]
n. - animal that catches fish.
- archaic fisherman. [old english]
adj. Spasmodic or intermittent. fitfully adv.
adj. - made to fit closely or exactly (fitted carpet).
- provided with built-in fittings etc. (fitted kitchen).
- built-in (fitted cupboards).
n. - mechanic who fits together and adjusts machinery.
- supervisor of the cutting, fitting, etc. Of garments.
v. (-ting) 1 direct one's gaze on.
- psychol. (usu. In passive; often foll. By on, upon) cause (a person) to become abnormally attached to a person or thing. [latin: related to *fix]
n. Fixed state; stability; permanence.
—v. (-ling) make a feeble hiss. —n. Such a sound. fizzle out end feebly. [imitative]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches live about 75 years and can reproduce for 50 years.