It was World War II, and the captain was attempting to rally the GIs on the eve of a big offensive.
"Out there," said the captain, "is your enemy. The man who has made your life miserable, who is working to destroy you; the man who has been trying to kill you day after day throughout this war."
Private Johnson jumped to his feet. "My God! The cook’s working for the Germans!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adv. - completely, entirely (am fully aware).
- at least (fully 60). FUNKY
adj. (-ier, -iest) slang (esp. Of jazz or rock music) earthy, bluesy, with a heavy rhythm.
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 amusing, comical.
- strange, peculiar. - colloq. A slightly unwell. B eccentric. funnily adv. Funniness n. [from *fun] FUROR
n. (brit. Furore) 1 uproar; fury.
- enthusiastic admiration. [latin: related to *fury] FURRY
adj. (-ier, -iest) like or covered with fur.
n. = *gorse. furzy adj. [old english]
n. Hist. Light musket. [latin focus fire]
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 inclined to fuss.
- over-elaborate. - fastidious. fussily adv. Fussiness n. FUSTY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 musty, stuffy.
- antiquated. fustiness n. [french fust cask, from latin fustis cudgel] FUTON
n. Japanese quilted mattress used as a bed; this sold with a low wooden frame, often convertible into a couch. [japanese]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Adult ants cannot chew and swallow solid food. Instead they swallow the juice which they squeeze from pieces of food.