A small child met his new teacher for the first time.
“Are you good?” asked the teacher.
“I am the sort of boy my mummy tells me not to play with.”
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: F
Found: 1362 results
—adj. - newly made or obtained.
- a other, different; new (start a fresh page; fresh ideas). B additional (fresh supplies).
- (foll. By from) lately arrived.
- not stale, musty, or faded.
- (of food) not preserved; newly caught, grown, etc.
- not salty (fresh water).
- a pure, untainted, refreshing (fresh air). B bright and pure in colour (fresh complexion).
- (of wind) brisk.
- colloq. Cheeky; amorously impudent. 10 inexperienced. —adv. Newly, recently (esp. In comb.: fresh-baked). freshly adv. Freshness n. [old english fersc and french freis]
n. Member of a male non-enclosed roman catholic order, e.g. Carmelites and franciscans. [latin frater brother]
var. Of *fryer.
—n. - strip of gathered or pleated material as an ornamental edging.
- (in pl.) Unnecessary embellishments. —v. Decorate with a frill. frilly adj. (-ier, -iest). [origin unknown]
—v. - leap or skip playfully.
- slang search (a person) for a weapon etc. By feeling. —n. - playful leap or skip.
- slang frisking of a person. [french frisque lively]
var. Of *firth.
—v. Form (hair) into tight curls. —n. Frizzed hair or state. [french friser]
n. - woman's or girl's dress.
- monk's or priest's gown.
- smock. [french from germanic]
n. Leaflike part of a fern or palm. [latin frons frond- leaf]
bench n. Seats in parliament occupied by leading members of the government and opposition.
- line n. Foremost part of an army or group under attack.
- runner n. Favourite in a race etc.
- —n. - side or part most prominent or important, or nearer the spectator or direction of motion (front of the house).
- a line of battle. B ground towards an enemy. C scene of actual fighting.
- a activity compared to a military front. B organized political group.
- demeanour, bearing.
- forward or conspicuous position.
- a bluff. B pretext.
- person etc. As a cover for subversive or illegal activities.
- forward edge of advancing cold or warm air. 10 auditorium of a theatre. 11 breast of a garment (spilt food down his front). —attrib. Adj. - of the front.
- situated in front. —v. - (foll. By on, to, towards, upon) have the front facing or directed towards.
- (foll. By for) slang act as a front or cover for.
- provide with or have a front (fronted with stone).
- lead (a band, organization, etc.). in front in an advanced or facing position. In front of 1 ahead of, in advance of.
- in the presence of. [latin frons front- face]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Cholesterol is a vitamin for insects.