- What would you do if you won one million dollars?
- Why? Of course I"d pay off my debts.
- And what would you do with the remaining?
- The remaining would have to wait till next time…
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: F
Found: 1362 results
n. (pl. -s or florae) 1 plant life of a region or period.
- list or book of these. [latin flora, name of the goddess of flowers]
—n. - rough silk of a silkworm's cocoon.
- silk thread used in embroidery.
- = *dental floss. —v. (also absol.) Clean (teeth) with dental floss. flossy adj. [french floche]
—n. - meal or powder from ground wheat etc.
- any fine powder. —v. Sprinkle with flour. floury adj. (-ier, -iest). Flouriness n. [different spelling of *flower ‘best part’]
—v. Disobey (the law etc.) Contemptuously; mock; insult. —n. Flouting speech or act. [dutch fluiten whistle: related to *flute]
past part. Of *fly1.
—n. - soft fur, feathers, or fabric particles etc.
- slang mistake in a performance etc. —v. - (often foll. By up) shake into or become a soft mass.
- colloq. Make a fluff; bungle. bit of fluff slang offens. Attractive woman. fluffy adj. (-ier, -iest). Fluffiness n. [probably dial. Alteration of flue fluff]
ounce n. One-twentieth, or us one-sixteenth, of a pint.
- —n. - substance, esp. A gas or liquid, whose shape is determined by its confines.
- fluid part or secretion. —adj. - able to flow and alter shape freely.
- constantly changing (situation is fluid).
—n. Lucky accident (won by a fluke). —v. (-king) achieve by a fluke. fluky adj. (-ier, -iest). [origin uncertain]
- n. - parasitic flatworm, e.g. The liver fluke.
- flat-fish, esp. A flounder. [old english]
- n. - broad triangular plate on an anchor arm.
- lobe of a whale's tail. [perhaps from *fluke2]
past and past part. Of *fling.
v. Us colloq. Fail (esp. An exam). [origin unknown]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Giraffes are the only animals born with horns. Both males and females are born with bony knobs on the forehead.