A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) 1 young female horse.
- colloq. Girl or young woman. [old norse] FILMY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 thin and translucent.
- covered with or as with a film. FILTH
n. - repugnant or extreme dirt.
- obscenity. [old english: related to *foul] FINAL
cause n. Philos. Ultimate purpose.
- clause n. Gram. Clause expressing purpose. - solution n. Nazi policy (1941–5) of exterminating european jews. - —adj. - situated at the end, coming last. - conclusive, decisive. —n. - last or deciding heat or game in sports etc. (cup final). - last daily edition of a newspaper. - (usu. In pl.) Examinations at the end of a degree course. finally adv. [latin finis end] FINCH
n. Small seed-eating bird, esp. A crossbill, canary, or chaffinch. [old english]
herbes n.pl. Mixed herbs used in cooking. [french, = fine herbs]
n. End, esp. Of a book. [latin]
n. (also fjord) long narrow sea inlet, as in norway. [norwegian]
aid n. Emergency medical treatment.
- class —n. - best group or category. - best accommodation in a train, ship, etc. - mail given priority. - highest division in an examination. —adj. & adv. (first-class) 1 of or by the first class. - excellent. - cousin see *cousin. - finger n. Finger next to the thumb. - floor n. (us second floor) floor above the ground floor. - lady n. (in the us) wife of the president. - light n. Dawn. - mate n. (on a merchant ship) second in command. - name n. Personal or christian name. - night n. First public performance of a play etc. - offender n. Criminal without previous convictions. - officer n. = *first mate. - person see *person. - post n. (also last post) bugle-call as a signal to retire for the night. - thing adv. Colloq. Before anything else; very early. - —adj. - earliest in time or order (took the first bus). - foremost in rank or importance (first lord of the treasury). - most willing or likely (the first to admit it). - basic or evident (first principles). —n. - (prec. By the) person or thing first mentioned or occurring. - first occurrence of something notable. - place in the first class in an examination. - first gear. - a first place in a race. B winner of this. —adv. - before any other person or thing (first of all; first and foremost). - before someone or something else (get this done first). - for the first time (when did you first see her?). - in preference; rather (will see him damned first). at first at the beginning. At first hand directly from the original source.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.