- My father had two horses that looked so much alike that he measured them so he could tell them apart.
- Did that help?
- It sure did. He found that the white one was 6 inches shorter than the black one.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - (also freelancer) person, usu. Self-employed, working for several employers on particular assignments.
- (attrib.) (freelance editor). —v. (-cing) act as a freelance. —adv. As a freelance. [free lance, a medieval mercenary] FREEMASON
n. Member of an international fraternity for mutual help and fellowship with elaborate secret rituals. freemasonry n.
adj. - (of hens etc.) Roaming freely; not kept in a battery.
- (of eggs) produced by such hens. FREESTYLE
n. - swimming race in which any stroke may be used.
- wrestling allowing almost any hold. FREEWHEEL
v. - ride a bicycle with the pedals at rest.
- act without constraint. FREEZEDRY
v. Preserve (food) by freezing and then drying in a vacuum.
n. - ship or aircraft for carrying freight.
- us freight-wagon. FRENCHIFY
v. (-ies, -ied) (usu. As frenchified adj.) Colloq. Make french in form, manners, etc.
n. Man of french birth or nationality.
modulation n. Electronics modulation by varying carrier-wave frequency.
- n. (pl. -ies) 1 commonness of occurrence. - frequent occurrence. - rate of recurrence (of a vibration etc.); number of repetitions in a given time, esp. Per second. [related to *frequent]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat will clean itself with paw and tongue after a dangerous experience or when it has fought with another cat. This is an attempt by the animal to soothe its nerves by doing something natural and instinctive.