Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - extremely beautiful or delicate.
- keenly felt (exquisite pleasure). - highly sensitive (exquisite taste). exquisitely adv. [latin exquiro -quisit- seek out] EXTEMPORE
adj. & adv. Without preparation. [latin]
n. - extending or being extended.
- part enlarging or added on to a main building etc. - additional part. - a subsidiary telephone on the same line as the main one. B its number. - additional period of time. - extramural instruction by a university or college. EXTENSIVE
adj. - covering a large area.
- far-reaching. extensively adv. Extensiveness n. [latin: related to *extend] EXTENUATE
v. (often as extenuating adj.) Make (guilt or an offence) seem less serious by reference to another factor. extenuation n. [latin tenuis thin]
v. (-ting) root out; destroy completely. extirpation n. [latin ex(s)tirpo from stirps stem of tree]
n. - act of extorting, esp. Money.
- illegal exaction. extortioner n. Extortionist n. EXTRACTOR
n. - person or machine that extracts.
- (attrib.) (of a device) that extracts bad air etc. EXTRADITE
v. (-ting) hand over (a person accused or convicted of a crime) to the foreign state etc. In which the crime was committed. extradition n. [french: related to *tradition]
n. (also attrib.) Person with extreme views. extremism n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
It is possible to lead a cow upstairs...but not downstairs.