A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. - hopeful, expecting.
- having an expectation. - pregnant. expectantly adv. EXPEDIENT
—adj. Advantageous; advisable on practical rather than moral grounds. —n. Means of attaining an end; resource. expedience n. Expediency n. [related to *expedite]
adj. Costing or charging much. expensively adv. Expensiveness n.
n. Expert skill, knowledge, or judgement. [french]
n. Swear-word or exclamation. [latin expleo fill out]
v. (-ting) 1 develop the meaning of (an idea etc.).
- explain (esp. A literary text). explication n. [latin explico -plicat- unfold] EXPLOSION
n. - exploding.
- loud noise caused by this. - sudden outbreak of feeling. - rapid or sudden increase. [latin: related to *explode] EXPLOSIVE
—adj. - able, tending, likely to explode.
- likely to cause a violent outburst etc.; dangerously tense. —n. Explosive substance. explosiveness n. EXPULSION
n. Expelling or being expelled. expulsive adj. [latin: related to *expel]
v. (-ting) 1 remove objectionable matter from (a book etc.).
- remove (such matter). expurgation n. Expurgator n. [latin: related to *purge]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog"s sense of smell is one of the keenest in nature. If a pot of stew was cooking on a stove, a human would smell the stew, while the dog could smell the beef, carrots, peas, potatoes, spices, and all the other individual ingredients in the stew.