A man asked for a meal in a restaurant. The waiter brought the food and put it on the table. After a moment, the man called the waiter and said:
"Waiter! Waiter! There"s a fly in my soup!"
"Please don"t speak so loudly, sir," said the waiter, "or everyone will want one."
- technique or style of performance in the arts, esp. Music.
- carrying out of a death sentence. [latin: related to *execute]
—n. - person or body with managerial or administrative responsibility.
- branch of a government etc. Concerned with executing laws, agreements, etc. —adj. Concerned with executing laws, agreements, etc., or with other administration or management. [medieval latin: related to *execute]
adj. - fit to be imitated; outstandingly good.
- serving as a warning.
- illustrative. [latin: related to *example]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 illustrate by example.
- be an example of. exemplification n.
v. (-ting) 1 come off in scales or layers.
- throw off layers of bark. exfoliation n. [latin folium leaf]
n. - fact or manner of being or existing.
- continuance in life or being.
- all that exists. existent adj.
v. (-ting) (often foll. By from) free or declare free from blame etc. exoneration n. [latin onus oner- burden]
n. - expanding or being expanded.
- enlargement of the scale or scope of a business.
adj. - able or tending to expand.
- (of a person etc.) Effusive, open. expansively adv. Expansiveness n.
v. (-ting) (usu. Foll. By on, upon) speak or write at length. expatiation n. Expatiatory adj. [latin spatium *space]