"We"re going to play elephants and circuses," - said a little boy at kindergarten, "Do you want to join in?"
"I"d love to," - replied the teacher. "What do you want me to do?"
"You can be the lady that feeds us peanuts!"
- a provide with an edge or border. B form a border to.
- sharpen (a tool etc.). have the edge on (or over) have a slight advantage over. On edge tense and irritable. Set a person's teeth on edge (of taste or sound) cause an unpleasant nervous sensation. Take the edge off make less intense. [old english]
adj. (-ier, -iest) irritable; anxious. edgily adv. Edginess n.
v. (-t-) 1 assemble, prepare, or modify (written material for publication).
- be editor of (a newspaper etc.).
- take extracts from and collate (a film etc.) To form a unified sequence.
- a prepare (data) for processing by a computer. B alter (a text entered in a word processor etc.).
- a reword in order to correct, or to alter the emphasis. B (foll. By out) remove (a part) from a text etc. [latin edo edit- give out]
n. (also efta) european free trade association. [abbreviation]
n. Vivacity, dash. [french]
adv. - (prec. By indefinite or interrog. Pron.) Besides (someone else; nowhere else; who else?).
- instead (what else could i say?).
- otherwise; if not (run, (or) else you will be late). or else see *or1. [old english]