n. - erotic character.
- use of or response to erotic images or stimulation.
adj. Incorrect. erroneously adv. [latin: related to *err]
—adj. Former, previous. —adv. Archaic formerly. [related to *ere]
n. Moving staircase consisting of a circulating belt forming steps. [latin scala ladder]
n. (brit. Oesophagus) (pl. -gi or -guses) passage from the mouth to the stomach; gullet. [greek]
n. An artificial language designed for universal use. [latin spero hope]
n. Spying or use of spies. [french: related to *spy]
n. - long open level area for walking on, esp. Beside the sea.
- level space separating a fortress from a town. [latin planus level]
oil n. Volatile oil derived from a plant etc. With its characteristic odour.
- —adj. - necessary; indispensable.
- of or constituting the essence of a person or thing. —n. (esp. In pl.) Basic or indispensable element or thing. essentially adv. [latin: related to *essence]
v. - set up (a business, system, etc.) On a permanent basis.
- (foll. By in) settle (a person or oneself) in some capacity.
- (esp. As established adj.) A achieve permanent acceptance for (a custom, belief, etc.). B place (a fact etc.) Beyond dispute. [latin stabilio make firm]