A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - model.
- typical or parallel instance. [latin: related to *example] EXERCISE
—n. - activity requiring physical effort, done to sustain or improve health.
- mental or spiritual activity, esp. As practice to develop a faculty. - task devised as exercise. - a use or application of a mental faculty, right, etc. B practice of an ability, quality, etc. - (often in pl.) Military drill or manoeuvres. —v. (-sing) 1 use or apply (a faculty, right, etc.). - perform (a function). - a take (esp. Physical) exercise. B provide (an animal) with exercise. - a tax the powers of. B perplex, worry. [latin exerceo keep busy] EXIGENCY
n. (pl. -ies) (also exigence) 1 urgent need or demand.
- emergency. exigent adj. [latin exigo *exact] EXIGUOUS
adj. Scanty, small. exiguity n. [latin]
adj. (of a gland) secreting through a duct. [greek krino sift]
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 expel (a supposed evil spirit) by prayers etc.
- (often foll. By of) free (a person or place) in this way. exorcism n. Exorcist n. [greek horkos oath] EXORDIUM
n. (pl. -s or -dia) introductory part, esp. Of a discourse or treatise. [latin exordior begin]
v. (-ting) 1 assist the progress of.
- accomplish (business) quickly. [latin expedio from pes ped- foot] EXPLICIT
adj. - expressly stated, not merely implied; stated in detail.
- definite. - outspoken. explicitly adv. Explicitness n. [latin: related to *explicate] EXPONENT
n. - person who promotes an idea etc.
- practitioner of an activity, profession, etc. - person who explains or interprets something. - type or representative. - raised symbol beside a numeral indicating how many of the number are to be multiplied together (e.g. 23 = 2 x 2 x 2). [latin expono *expound]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.