A lawyer and a doctor were on an extravagant fishing trip.
The lawyer said, "I am here because my house burned down and everything I owned was burned. The insurance company paid a mint for everything I lost."
"Now that’s quite a coincidence," said the doctor, "I’m here because my house and all my belongings were destroyed by a flood, and my insurance company also paid for everything."
The lawyer looked somewhat confused and said, "Really? How do you start a flood?"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - model.
- typical or parallel instance. [latin: related to *example] EXERCISE
—n. - activity requiring physical effort, done to sustain or improve health.
- mental or spiritual activity, esp. As practice to develop a faculty. - task devised as exercise. - a use or application of a mental faculty, right, etc. B practice of an ability, quality, etc. - (often in pl.) Military drill or manoeuvres. —v. (-sing) 1 use or apply (a faculty, right, etc.). - perform (a function). - a take (esp. Physical) exercise. B provide (an animal) with exercise. - a tax the powers of. B perplex, worry. [latin exerceo keep busy] EXIGENCY
n. (pl. -ies) (also exigence) 1 urgent need or demand.
- emergency. exigent adj. [latin exigo *exact] EXIGUOUS
adj. Scanty, small. exiguity n. [latin]
adj. (of a gland) secreting through a duct. [greek krino sift]
v. (also -ise) (-zing or -sing) 1 expel (a supposed evil spirit) by prayers etc.
- (often foll. By of) free (a person or place) in this way. exorcism n. Exorcist n. [greek horkos oath] EXORDIUM
n. (pl. -s or -dia) introductory part, esp. Of a discourse or treatise. [latin exordior begin]
v. (-ting) 1 assist the progress of.
- accomplish (business) quickly. [latin expedio from pes ped- foot] EXPLICIT
adj. - expressly stated, not merely implied; stated in detail.
- definite. - outspoken. explicitly adv. Explicitness n. [latin: related to *explicate] EXPONENT
n. - person who promotes an idea etc.
- practitioner of an activity, profession, etc. - person who explains or interprets something. - type or representative. - raised symbol beside a numeral indicating how many of the number are to be multiplied together (e.g. 23 = 2 x 2 x 2). [latin expono *expound]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The abdomen of the ant contains two stomachs. One stomach holds the food for itself and second stomach is for food to be shared with other ants.