A man speaks frantically into the phone, "My wife is pregnant, and her contractions are only two minutes apart!"
"Is this her first child?" the doctor queries.
"No, you idiot!" the man shouts. "This is her husband!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - (foll. By of) espousing of (a cause etc.).
- archaic marriage, betrothal. ESPRESSO
n. (also expresso) (pl. -s) strong black coffee made under steam pressure. [italian, = pressed out]
—n. - approximate judgement, esp. Of cost, value, size, etc.
- statement of approximate charge for work to be undertaken. —v. (-ting) (also absol.) 1 form an estimate or opinion of. - (foll. By that) make a rough calculation. - (often foll. By at) form an estimate; adjudge. estimator n. [latin aestimo fix the price of] ESTONIAN
—n. - a native or national of estonia in eastern europe. B person of estonian descent.
- language of estonia. —adj. Of estonia, its people, or language. ESTRANGE
v. (-ging) 1 (usu. In passive; often foll. By from) alienate; make hostile or indifferent.
- (as estranged adj.) (of a husband or wife) no longer living with his or her spouse. estrangement n. [latin: related to *strange] ESTROGEN
n. (brit. Oestrogen) 1 sex hormone developing and maintaining female characteristics of the body.
- this produced artificially for use in medicine. [greek oistros frenzy, *-gen] ETERNITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 infinite (esp. Future) time.
- endless life after death. - being eternal. - colloq. (often prec. By an) a very long time. [latin: related to *eternal] - ring n. Finger-ring esp. Set with gems all round. ETHEREAL
adj. - light, airy.
- highly delicate, esp. In appearance. - heavenly. ethereally adv. [greek: related to *ether] ETHYLENE
n. A hydrocarbon of the alkene series.
v. (-ting) 1 make (a plant) pale by excluding light.
- give a sickly colour to (a person). etiolation n. [latin stipula straw]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.