A little boy comes home with his mother from a trip down town. Above his head he has a big bunch of balloons.
- Why do you need so many? - Asks his father. - Did not your mother and I teach you that you should save your money?
- I did not spend any! Its just that every time Mummy bought something the salesperson gave me a free balloon.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - (foll. By of) espousing of (a cause etc.).
- archaic marriage, betrothal. ESPRESSO
n. (also expresso) (pl. -s) strong black coffee made under steam pressure. [italian, = pressed out]
—n. - approximate judgement, esp. Of cost, value, size, etc.
- statement of approximate charge for work to be undertaken. —v. (-ting) (also absol.) 1 form an estimate or opinion of. - (foll. By that) make a rough calculation. - (often foll. By at) form an estimate; adjudge. estimator n. [latin aestimo fix the price of] ESTONIAN
—n. - a native or national of estonia in eastern europe. B person of estonian descent.
- language of estonia. —adj. Of estonia, its people, or language. ESTRANGE
v. (-ging) 1 (usu. In passive; often foll. By from) alienate; make hostile or indifferent.
- (as estranged adj.) (of a husband or wife) no longer living with his or her spouse. estrangement n. [latin: related to *strange] ESTROGEN
n. (brit. Oestrogen) 1 sex hormone developing and maintaining female characteristics of the body.
- this produced artificially for use in medicine. [greek oistros frenzy, *-gen] ETERNITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 infinite (esp. Future) time.
- endless life after death. - being eternal. - colloq. (often prec. By an) a very long time. [latin: related to *eternal] - ring n. Finger-ring esp. Set with gems all round. ETHEREAL
adj. - light, airy.
- highly delicate, esp. In appearance. - heavenly. ethereally adv. [greek: related to *ether] ETHYLENE
n. A hydrocarbon of the alkene series.
v. (-ting) 1 make (a plant) pale by excluding light.
- give a sickly colour to (a person). etiolation n. [latin stipula straw]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.