n. - equating or making equal; being equal.
- statement that two mathematical expressions are equal (indicated by the sign =).
- formula indicating a chemical reaction by means of symbols.
n. - archaic a requisites. B outfit.
- hist. Carriage and horses with attendants. [french: related to *equip]
adj. That can become erect (esp. Of body tissue in sexual excitement). [french: related to *erect]
v. (-ting) 1 increase or develop (usu. Rapidly) by stages.
- make or become more intense. escalation n. [from *escalator]
n. Thin slice of boneless meat, esp. Veal. [french, originally = shell]
n. Piece of reckless behaviour. [french from provençal or spanish: related to *escape]
n. Pursuit of distraction and relief from reality. escapist n. & adj.
adj. Intelligible only to those with special knowledge. esoterically adv. [greek eso within]
n. - lattice-work along which the branches of a tree or shrub are trained.
- tree or shrub so trained. [french from italian]
adj. Notable. [latin: related to *special]