n. - place for entering.
- going or coming in.
- right of admission.
- coming of an actor on stage.
- (in full entrance fee) admission fee. [french: related to *enter]
- v. (-cing) 1 enchant, delight.
- put into a trance. entrancement n. Entrancing adj. Entrancingly adv.
n. (pl. -ies) earnest request.
v. - a establish firmly (in a position, office, etc.). B (as entrenched adj.) (of an attitude etc.) Not easily modified.
- surround with a trench as a fortification. entrenchment n.
n. Warehouse for goods in transit. [french]
n. Involuntary urination. [greek enoureo urinate in]
n. - folded paper container for a letter etc.
- wrapper, covering.
- gas container of a balloon or airship.
adj. Likely to excite envy, desirable. enviably adv.
n.pl. District round a town etc.
v. (-ging) 1 have a mental picture of (a thing not yet existing).
- imagine as possible or desirable. [french: related to *visage]
adj. Of the period preceding the palaeolithic age. [greek eos dawn, lithos stone]