A man was driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back seat.
The police stop him and say that he can’t drive around with the penguins in the car and should take them to the zoo.
The man agrees and drives off.
The next day the same man is driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back and again he is stopped by the same police officer who says, "Hey! I thought I told you to take those to the zoo."
The man replies, "I did. Today I’m taking them to the movies."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
grise n. (pl. Eminences grises pronunc. Same) person who exercises power or influence without holding office. [french, = grey cardinal (orig. Of richelieu's secretary)]
- n. - distinction; recognized superiority. - piece of rising ground. - title used in addressing or referring to a cardinal (your eminence; his eminence). [latin: related to *eminent] EMISSARY
n. (pl. -ies) person sent on a diplomatic mission. [latin: related to *emit]
n. (pl. Emphases) 1 importance or prominence attached to a thing (emphasis on economy).
- stress laid on a word or syllable to make the meaning clear or show importance. - vigour or intensity of expression, feeling, etc. [latin from greek] EMPHATIC
adj. - forcibly expressive.
- of words: a bearing the stress. B used to give emphasis. emphatically adv. EMPLOYEE
n. Person employed for wages.
n. (pl. -s or -ria) 1 large shop or store.
- centre of commerce, market. [greek emporos merchant] EMPYREAN
—n. The highest heaven, as the sphere of fire or abode of god. —adj. Of the empyrean. empyreal adj. [greek pur fire]
v. (-ies, -ied) convert into an emulsion. emulsification n. Emulsifier n.
n. - fine dispersion of one liquid in another, esp. As paint, medicine, etc.
- mixture of a silver compound in gelatin etc. For coating photographic plate or film. - emulsion paint. [latin mulgeo milk] - paint n. Water-thinned paint. ENCIRCLE
v. (-ling) 1 surround.
- form a circle round. encirclement n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Jellyfish have no brains, yet they can tell light from dark, and sence movement.