A drummer, sick of all the drummer jokes, decides to change his instrument. After some thought, he decides on the accordion.
So he goes to the music store and says to the owner, "I"d like to look at the accordions, please."
The owner gestures to a shelf in the corner and says, "All our accordions are over there."
After browsing, the drummer says, "I think I"d like the big red one in the corner."
The store owner looks at him and says, "You"re a drummer, aren"t you?"
The drummer, crestfallen, says, "How did you know?"
The store owner says, "That "big red accordion" is the radiator."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
grise n. (pl. Eminences grises pronunc. Same) person who exercises power or influence without holding office. [french, = grey cardinal (orig. Of richelieu's secretary)]
- n. - distinction; recognized superiority. - piece of rising ground. - title used in addressing or referring to a cardinal (your eminence; his eminence). [latin: related to *eminent] EMISSARY
n. (pl. -ies) person sent on a diplomatic mission. [latin: related to *emit]
n. (pl. Emphases) 1 importance or prominence attached to a thing (emphasis on economy).
- stress laid on a word or syllable to make the meaning clear or show importance. - vigour or intensity of expression, feeling, etc. [latin from greek] EMPHATIC
adj. - forcibly expressive.
- of words: a bearing the stress. B used to give emphasis. emphatically adv. EMPLOYEE
n. Person employed for wages.
n. (pl. -s or -ria) 1 large shop or store.
- centre of commerce, market. [greek emporos merchant] EMPYREAN
—n. The highest heaven, as the sphere of fire or abode of god. —adj. Of the empyrean. empyreal adj. [greek pur fire]
v. (-ies, -ied) convert into an emulsion. emulsification n. Emulsifier n.
n. - fine dispersion of one liquid in another, esp. As paint, medicine, etc.
- mixture of a silver compound in gelatin etc. For coating photographic plate or film. - emulsion paint. [latin mulgeo milk] - paint n. Water-thinned paint. ENCIRCLE
v. (-ling) 1 surround.
- form a circle round. encirclement n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.