One day Holmes and Watson are flying a dirigible balloon. It is foggy around, they have lost their way. Suddenly they see - a shepherd is grazing sheep below. The men are very glad and shout:
- The dear, tell us, please, where we are now?
- You are in the dirigible balloon.
- I understand... - Holmes says. - We are flying over Russia.
- But why? - Watson is surprised.
- It’s elementary, Buddy! Only a programmer could give such an exact and useless answer at the same time. And only in Russia programmers can look after sheep.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
grise n. (pl. Eminences grises pronunc. Same) person who exercises power or influence without holding office. [french, = grey cardinal (orig. Of richelieu's secretary)]
- n. - distinction; recognized superiority. - piece of rising ground. - title used in addressing or referring to a cardinal (your eminence; his eminence). [latin: related to *eminent] EMISSARY
n. (pl. -ies) person sent on a diplomatic mission. [latin: related to *emit]
n. (pl. Emphases) 1 importance or prominence attached to a thing (emphasis on economy).
- stress laid on a word or syllable to make the meaning clear or show importance. - vigour or intensity of expression, feeling, etc. [latin from greek] EMPHATIC
adj. - forcibly expressive.
- of words: a bearing the stress. B used to give emphasis. emphatically adv. EMPLOYEE
n. Person employed for wages.
n. (pl. -s or -ria) 1 large shop or store.
- centre of commerce, market. [greek emporos merchant] EMPYREAN
—n. The highest heaven, as the sphere of fire or abode of god. —adj. Of the empyrean. empyreal adj. [greek pur fire]
v. (-ies, -ied) convert into an emulsion. emulsification n. Emulsifier n.
n. - fine dispersion of one liquid in another, esp. As paint, medicine, etc.
- mixture of a silver compound in gelatin etc. For coating photographic plate or film. - emulsion paint. [latin mulgeo milk] - paint n. Water-thinned paint. ENCIRCLE
v. (-ling) 1 surround.
- form a circle round. encirclement n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Shrimps" hearts are in their heads.