A tough old cowboy told his grandson that if he wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a little gunpowder on his oatmeal every morning. The grandson did this religiously, and lived to the age of 93.
When he died he left 14 children, 28 grandchildren, 35 great-grandchildren… and a 15-foot hole in the wall of the crematorium.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -s) (in full esparto grass) coarse grass of spain and n. Africa, used to make good-quality paper etc. [greek sparton rope]
v. (-sing) 1 adopt or support (a cause, doctrine, etc.).
- archaic a (usu. Of a man) marry. B (usu. Foll. By to) give (a woman) in marriage. [latin spondeo betroth] ESQUIRE
n. - (usu. As abbr. Esq.) Title added to a man's surname when no other title is used, esp. As a form of address for letters.
- archaic = *squire. [french from latin scutum shield] ESSENCE
n. - fundamental nature; inherent characteristics.
- a extract got by distillation etc. B perfume. of the essence indispensable. In essence fundamentally. [latin esse be] ESTUARY
n. (pl. -ies) wide tidal river mouth. [latin aestus tide]
n. - print made from an etched plate.
- art of producing these plates. ETERNAL
adj. - existing always; without an end or (usu.) Beginning.
- unchanging. - colloq. Constant; too frequent (eternal nagging). eternally adv. [latin aeternus] - triangle n. Two people of one sex and one person of the other involved in a complex emotional relationship. ETHANAL
n. = *acetaldehyde.
adj. - relating to morals, esp. As concerning human conduct.
- morally correct. - (of a drug etc.) Not advertised to the general public, and usu. Available only on prescription. ethically adv. EUPHONY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 pleasantness of sound, esp. Of a word or phrase.
- pleasant sound. euphonious adj. [greek phone sound]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.