Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - a body produced by females of birds, insects, etc. And capable of developing into a new individual. B egg of the domestic hen, used for food.
- biol. Ovum. - colloq. Person or thing of a specified kind (good egg). with egg on one's face colloq. - v. (foll. By on) urge. [old norse: related to *edge] EGO
n. (pl. -s) 1 the self; the part of the mind that reacts to reality and has a sense of individuality.
- self-esteem; self-conceit. [latin, = i] EKE
v. (eking) eke out 1 supplement (income etc.).
- make (a living) or support (an existence) with difficulty. [old english] ELF
n. (pl. Elves) mythological being, esp. One that is small and mischievous. elfish adj. Elvish adj. [old english]
- n. (pl. Elves) mythological being, esp. One that is small and mischievous. elfish adj. Elvish adj. [old english] ELK
n. (pl. Same or -s) large deer of northern parts of europe, n. America, and asia. [old english]
n. Hist. Measure = 45 in. [old english, = forearm]
n. - tree with rough serrated leaves.
- its wood. [old english] EMF
abbr. (also e.m.f.) Electromotive force.
abbr. European monetary system.
abbr. Economic and monetary union; european monetary union.
- n. (pl. -s) large flightless australian bird. [portuguese]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
If baby geese are hatched in the absence of their mother, they will follow the first moving object that they see.