At a local coffee bar, a young woman was expounding on her idea of the perfect mate to some of her friends.
"The man I marry must be a shining light amongst company. He must be musical. Tell jokes. Sing. And stay home at night!"
An old granny overheard and spoke up, "Honey, if that"s all you want, get a TV!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—v. (-sing) 1 try to lessen the blame attaching to (a person, act, or fault).
- (of a fact) serve as a reason to judge (a person or act) less severely. - (often foll. By from) release (a person) from a duty etc. - forgive (a fault or offence). - (foll. By for) forgive (a person) for (a fault). - refl. Leave with apologies. —n. - reason put forward to mitigate or justify an offence. - apology (made my excuses). be excused be allowed to leave the room etc. Or be absent. Excuse me polite preface to an interruption etc., or to disagreeing. excusable adj. [latin causa accusation] EXEMPT
—adj. (often foll. By from) free from an obligation or liability etc. Imposed on others. —v. (foll. By from) make exempt. exemption n. [latin eximo -empt- take out]
v. (as a stage direction) (actors) leave the stage. [latin: related to *exit]
v. (-ling) 1 breathe out.
- give off or be given off in vapour. exhalation n. [french from latin halo breathe] EXHORT
v. (often foll. By to + infin.) Urge strongly or earnestly. exhortation n. Exhortative adj. Exhortatory adj. [latin exhortor encourage]
v. (-ming) dig up (esp. A buried corpse). exhumation n. [latin humus ground]
n. - mass departure.
- (exodus) biblical departure of the israelites from egypt. [greek hodos way] EXOTIC
—adj. - introduced from a foreign country; not native.
- strange or unusual. —n. Exotic person or thing. exotically adv. [greek exo outside] EXPAND
v. - increase in size or importance.
- (often foll. By on) give a fuller account. - become more genial. - set or write out in full. - spread out flat. expandable adj. [latin pando pans- spread] EXPECT
v. - a regard as likely. B look for as appropriate or one's due (i expect cooperation).
- colloq. Think, suppose. be expecting colloq. Be pregnant (with). [latin specto look]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A mole can dig a tunnel 300 feet long in just one night.