n. = *electroencephalogram.
n. - enlightening or being enlightened.
- (the enlightenment) 18th-c. Philosophy of reason and individualism.
n. - entertaining or being entertained.
- thing that entertains; performance.
n. - establishing or being established.
- a business organization or public institution. B place of business. C residence.
- a staff of an organization. B household.
- organized body permanently maintained.
- church system organized by law.
- (the establishment) social group with authority or influence and resisting change.
adj. Open to objection.
—v. (-ting) officially exclude (a person) from membership and esp. Sacraments of the church. —adj. Excommunicated. —n. Excommunicated person. excommunication n. [latin: related to *common]
n. - tendency towards attention-seeking behaviour.
- psychol. Compulsion to display one's genitals in public. exhibitionist n.
adj. Of or used in an expedition.
n. Style of painting, music, drama, etc., seeking to express emotion rather than the external world. expressionist n. & adj.
adj. - unusual or remarkable.
- unusually great.
- (of a meeting, official, etc.) Additional; specially employed. extraordinarily adv. [latin]