Upon entering the little country store, the stranger noticed a sign saying "DANGER! BEWARE OF DOG!" posted on the glass door.
Inside he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
He asked the store manager,
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?"
"Yep, that"s him," he replied.
The stranger couldn"t help but be amused.
"That certainly doesn"t look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
"Because," the owner replied, "before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. Swell out by pressure from within (distended stomach). distensible adj. Distension n. [latin: related to *tend1]
n. Verse couplet. [greek stikhos line]
v. (brit. Distil) (-ll-) 1 purify or extract the essence from (a substance) by vaporizing and condensing it and collecting the resulting liquid.
- extract the essential meaning of (an idea etc.). - make (whisky, essence, etc.) By distilling raw materials. - fall or cause to fall in drops. distillation n. [latin: related to *de-, stillo drip] DISTORT
v. - pull or twist out of shape.
- misrepresent (facts etc.). - transmit (sound etc.) Inaccurately. distortion n. [latin torqueo tort- twist] DISTURB
v. - break the rest, calm, or quiet of.
- agitate; worry. - move from a settled position (disturbed my papers). - (as disturbed adj.) Emotionally or mentally unstable. [latin: related to *dis-, turba tumult] DIURNAL
adj. - of the day or daytime.
- daily. - occupying one day. diurnally adv. [latin diurnalis from dies day] DIVERGE
v. (-ging) 1 a spread out from a central point, become dispersed. B take different courses (their interests diverged).
- a (often foll. By from) depart from a set course. DIVERSE
adj. Varied. [latin: related to *di-2, verto vers- turn]
n. - screen etc. Dividing a room.
- (in pl.) Measuring-compasses. DIVINER
n. Person who practises divination.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The oldest known goldfish lived to 41 years of age. Its name was Fred.