A man was driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back seat.
The police stop him and say that he can’t drive around with the penguins in the car and should take them to the zoo.
The man agrees and drives off.
The next day the same man is driving down the road with twenty penguins in the back and again he is stopped by the same police officer who says, "Hey! I thought I told you to take those to the zoo."
The man replies, "I did. Today I’m taking them to the movies."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - spread out (troops) into a line ready for action.
- use (arguments, forces, etc.) Effectively. deployment n. [latin plico fold] DEPORT
v. - remove forcibly or exile to another country; banish.
- refl. Behave (in a specified manner) (deported himself well). deportation n. (in sense 1). [latin porto carry] DEPOSE
v. (-sing) 1 remove from office, esp. Dethrone.
- law (usu. Foll. By to, or that + clause) testify, esp. On oath. [french from latin: related to *deposit] DEPUTE
v. (-ting) (often foll. By to) 1 delegate (a task, authority, etc.).
- authorize as representative. [latin puto think] DEPUTY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 person appointed to act for another (also attrib.: deputy manager).
- parliamentary representative in some countries. [var. Of *depute] DERAIL
v. (usu. In passive) cause (a train etc.) To leave the rails. derailment n. [french: related to *rail1]
v. (-ding) mock. derision n. [latin rideo laugh]
v. (-ving) 1 (usu. Foll. By from) get or trace from a source (derived satisfaction from work).
- (foll. By from) arise from, originate in (happiness derives from many things). - (usu. Foll. By from) show or state the origin or formation of (a word etc.). [latin rivus stream] DERMIS
n. - (in general use) the skin.
- layer of living tissue below the epidermis. [from *epidermis] DERRIS
n. - tropical climbing plant.
- insecticide made from its root. [latin from greek]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.