What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: D
Found: 1720 results
—n. Fault, imperfection, shortcoming. —v. Leave one's country or cause for another. defection n. Defector n. [latin deficio -fect- fail]
v. (also absol.) 1 (often foll. By against, from) resist an attack made on; protect.
- uphold by argument.
- conduct a defence in a lawsuit.
- compete to retain (a title etc.) In a contest. defender n. [latin defendo -fens-]
v. (-ling) 1 make dirty; pollute.
- desecrate, profane. defilement n. [earlier defoul, from french defouler trample down]
- —n. Narrow gorge or pass. —v. (-ling) march in file. [french: related to *file1]
v. (-ning) 1 give the meaning of (a word etc.).
- describe or explain the scope of (define one's position).
- outline clearly (well-defined image).
- mark out the boundary of. definable adj. [latin finis end]
v. Make ugly or misshapen, disfigure. deformation n. [latin: related to *form]
v. Provide money for (a cost or expense). defrayal n. Defrayment n. [medieval latin fredum fine]
v. (-sing) 1 remove the fuse from (a bomb etc.).
- reduce tension etc. In (a crisis, difficulty, etc.).
n. - stage in a scale, series, or process.
- stage in intensity or amount (in some degree).
- unit of measurement of an angle or arc.
- unit in a scale of temperature, hardness, etc.
- extent of burns.
- academic rank conferred by a polytechnic, university, etc.
- grade of crime (first-degree murder).
- step in direct genealogical descent.
- social rank. by degrees gradually. [latin gradus step]
v. (usu. As dejected adj.) Make sad; depress. dejectedly adv. Dejection n. [latin jacio throw]
v. (-ting) remove (a letter, word, etc.), esp. By striking out. deletion n. [latin deleo]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The erect penis of a blue whale is approximately 9.5 feet long.