As the doctor completed an examination of the patient, he said:
- I can"t find a cause for your complaint. Frankly, I think it"s due to drinking.
- In that case, - said the patient, - I"ll come back when you"re sober.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
past of *drink.
—v. (-ping) 1 hang or cover loosely, adorn with cloth etc.
- arrange (hangings etc.) Esp. In folds. —n. (in pl.) Us curtains. [latin drappus cloth] DRAWL
—v. Speak with drawn-out vowel sounds. —n. Drawling utterance or way of speaking. [low german or dutch]
adj. Looking strained and tense.
—v. Fear greatly, esp. In advance. —n. Great fear or apprehension. —adj. - dreaded.
- archaic awe-inspiring, dreadful. [old english] DREAM
—n. - series of scenes or feelings in the mind of a sleeping person.
- day-dream or fantasy. - ideal, aspiration. - beautiful or ideal person or thing. —v. (past and past part. Dreamt or dreamed) 1 experience a dream. - imagine as in a dream. - (with neg.) Consider possible (never dreamt that he would come; would not dream of it). - (foll. By away) waste (time). - be inactive or unpractical. dream up imagine, invent. Like a dream colloq. Easily, effortlessly. dreamer n. [old english] DREGS
n.pl. - sediment; grounds, lees.
- = *scum n. - (dregs of humanity). [old norse] DRESS
circle n. First gallery in a theatre.
- coat n. Man's swallow-tailed evening coat. - rehearsal n. Final rehearsal in full costume. - —v. - a (also absol.) Put clothes on. B have and wear clothes (dresses well). - put on evening dress. - arrange or adorn (hair, a shop window, etc.). - treat (a wound) esp. With a dressing. - a prepare (poultry, crab, etc.) For cooking or eating. B add dressing to (a salad etc.). - apply manure to. - finish the surface of (fabric, leather, stone, etc.). - correct the alignment of (troops). - make (an artificial fly) for fishing. —n. - woman's garment of a bodice and skirt. - clothing, esp. A whole outfit. - formal or ceremonial costume. - external covering; outward form. dress down colloq. - reprimand or scold. - dress informally. Dress up 1 put on special clothes. - make (a thing) more attractive or interesting. [french dresser, ultimately related to *direct] DRIBS
and drabs n.pl. Colloq. Small scattered amounts.
past and past part. Of *dry.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.