A musical director was having a lot of trouble with one drummer. He talked and talked and talked with the drummer, but his performance simply didn"t improve.
Finally, before the whole orchestra, he said, "When a musician just can"t handle his instrument and doesn"t improve when given help, they take away the instrument, and give him two sticks, and make him a drummer."
A stage whisper was heard from the percussion section: "And if he can"t handle even that, they take away one of his sticks and make him a conductor."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (pl. -ies) colloq. Father. [from *dad]
bread n. Necessary food; livelihood.
- —adj. Done, produced, or occurring every day or every weekday. —adv. - every day. - constantly. —n. (pl. -ies) colloq. - daily newspaper. - cleaning woman. DAIRY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 place for processing, distributing, or selling milk and its products.
- (attrib.) Of, containing, or used for, dairy products (and sometimes eggs) (dairy cow). [old english] DAISY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 small wild plant with white-petalled flowers.
- plant with similar flowers. [old english, = day's eye] - wheel n. Spoked disc bearing printing characters, used in word processors and typewriters. DALAI
lama n. Spiritual head of tibetan buddhism. [mongolian dalai ocean]
v. (-ies, -ied) 1 delay; waste time.
- (often foll. By with) flirt, trifle. dalliance n. [french] DANCE
—v. (-cing) 1 move rhythmically, usu. To music.
- skip or jump about. - perform (a specified dance, role, etc.). - bob up and down. - dandle (a child). —n. - a dancing as an art form. B style or form of this. - social gathering for dancing. - single round or turn of a dance. - music for dancing to. - lively motion. dance attendance on serve obsequiously. Lead a person a dance (or merry dance) cause a person much trouble. danceable adj. Dancer n. [french] DANDY
—n. (pl. -ies) 1 man greatly devoted to style and fashion.
- colloq. Excellent thing. —adj. (-ier, -iest) esp. Us colloq. Splendid. [perhaps from the name andrew] DARBY
and joan n. Devoted old married couple. [names of a couple in an 18th-c. Poem]
- and joan club n. Club for pensioners. DARKY
n. (also darkie) (pl. -ies) slang offens. Black person.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The porpoise is second to man as the most intelligent animal on the planet.