- Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?
- Yes, of course.
- Great! I never could before!
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: D
Found: 1720 results
abbr. (also dt's) delirium tremens.
hand n. (usu. Foll. By at) colloq. Expert. [dab adept, origin unknown]
- —v. (-bb-) 1 (often foll. By at) repeatedly press briefly and lightly with a cloth etc. (dabbed at her eyes).
- press (a cloth etc.) Thus.
- (foll. By on) apply by dabbing.
- (often foll. By at) aim a feeble blow; strike lightly. —n. - dabbing.
- small amount thus applied (dab of paint).
- light blow.
- (in pl.) Slang fingerprints. [imitative]
- n. (pl. Same) a kind of marine flat-fish. [origin unknown]
n. Colloq. Father. [imitative of a child's da da]
segno adv. Mus. Repeat from the point marked by a sign. [italian, = from the sign]
- var. Of *dhal.
—n. - barrier across river etc., forming a reservoir or preventing flooding.
- barrier made by beaver. —v. (-mm-) 1 provide or confine with a dam.
- (often foll. By up) block up; obstruct. [low german or dutch]
- n. Mother, esp. Of a four-footed animal. [var. Of *dame]
n. - grade of proficiency in judo.
- holder of such a grade. [japanese]
abbr. Digital audio tape.
n. = *jackdaw. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cat sees about six times better than a human at night.