A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Slang 1 fellow.
- us dandy. - us city-dweller staying on a ranch. [german dial. Dude fool] DUEL
—n. - armed contest between two people, usu. To the death.
- two-sided contest. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) fight a duel. duellist n. [latin duellum war] DUET
n. Musical composition for two performers. duettist n. [latin duo two]
—n. Boiled pudding. —adj. Slang worthless, counterfeit, useless. [var. Of *dough]
- v. duff up slang beat; thrash. [perhaps from *duffer] DUKE
n. - person holding the highest hereditary title of the nobility.
- sovereign prince ruling a duchy or small state. dukedom n. [latin dux leader] DULL
—adj. - tedious; not interesting.
- (of the weather) overcast. - (of colour, light, sound, etc.) Not bright, vivid, or clear. - (of a pain) indistinct; not acute (a dull ache). - slow-witted; stupid. - (of a knife-edge etc.) Blunt. - a (of trade etc.) Sluggish, slow. B listless; depressed. - (of the ears, eyes, etc.) Lacking keenness. —v. Make or become dull. dullness n. Dully adv. [low german or dutch] DULY
adv. - in due time or manner.
- rightly, properly. DUMB
adj. - a unable to speak. B (of an animal) naturally dumb.
- silenced by surprise, shyness, etc. - taciturn, reticent (dumb insolence). - suffered or done in silence (dumb agony). - colloq. Stupid; ignorant. - disenfranchised; inarticulate (dumb masses). - (of a computer terminal etc.) Able to transmit or receive but unable to process data. - giving no sound. [old english] - show n. Gestures; mime. - waiter n. Small hand-operated lift for conveying food from kitchen to dining-room. DUMP
truck n. Truck that tilts or opens at the back for unloading.
- —n. - place or heap for depositing rubbish. - colloq. Unpleasant or dreary place. - temporary store of ammunition etc. —v. - put down firmly or clumsily. - deposit as rubbish. - colloq. Abandon or get rid of. - sell (excess goods) to a foreign market at a low price. - copy (the contents of a computer memory etc.) As a diagnostic aid or for security. dump on esp. Us criticize or abuse; get the better of. [origin uncertain] DUNE
n. Drift of sand etc. Formed by the wind. [dutch: related to *down3]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
When a giraffe"s baby is born it falls from a height of six feet, normally without being hurt.