Once Holmes was visited by the person with a request for help. He was in a worn suit, a shirt with shabby cuffs and an old top head on his head. Holmes refused to help him. When the man left, disappointed Watson jumped on his friend:
- Sherlock, you are a great detective. How could you refuse to help the poor man?
- My dear friend, he was not absolutely poor. It his purse there was 115 pounds and 25 pence.
- But how do you know ?
- It is elementary, Buddy. Let’s count it together.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. Slang 1 fellow.
- us dandy. - us city-dweller staying on a ranch. [german dial. Dude fool] DUEL
—n. - armed contest between two people, usu. To the death.
- two-sided contest. —v. (-ll-; us -l-) fight a duel. duellist n. [latin duellum war] DUET
n. Musical composition for two performers. duettist n. [latin duo two]
—n. Boiled pudding. —adj. Slang worthless, counterfeit, useless. [var. Of *dough]
- v. duff up slang beat; thrash. [perhaps from *duffer] DUKE
n. - person holding the highest hereditary title of the nobility.
- sovereign prince ruling a duchy or small state. dukedom n. [latin dux leader] DULL
—adj. - tedious; not interesting.
- (of the weather) overcast. - (of colour, light, sound, etc.) Not bright, vivid, or clear. - (of a pain) indistinct; not acute (a dull ache). - slow-witted; stupid. - (of a knife-edge etc.) Blunt. - a (of trade etc.) Sluggish, slow. B listless; depressed. - (of the ears, eyes, etc.) Lacking keenness. —v. Make or become dull. dullness n. Dully adv. [low german or dutch] DULY
adv. - in due time or manner.
- rightly, properly. DUMB
adj. - a unable to speak. B (of an animal) naturally dumb.
- silenced by surprise, shyness, etc. - taciturn, reticent (dumb insolence). - suffered or done in silence (dumb agony). - colloq. Stupid; ignorant. - disenfranchised; inarticulate (dumb masses). - (of a computer terminal etc.) Able to transmit or receive but unable to process data. - giving no sound. [old english] - show n. Gestures; mime. - waiter n. Small hand-operated lift for conveying food from kitchen to dining-room. DUMP
truck n. Truck that tilts or opens at the back for unloading.
- —n. - place or heap for depositing rubbish. - colloq. Unpleasant or dreary place. - temporary store of ammunition etc. —v. - put down firmly or clumsily. - deposit as rubbish. - colloq. Abandon or get rid of. - sell (excess goods) to a foreign market at a low price. - copy (the contents of a computer memory etc.) As a diagnostic aid or for security. dump on esp. Us criticize or abuse; get the better of. [origin uncertain] DUNE
n. Drift of sand etc. Formed by the wind. [dutch: related to *down3]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
The starfish is one of the only animals who can turn it"s stomach inside-out.