A man went to the Police Station wishing to speak with the burglar who had broken into his house the night before.
"You"ll get your chance in court," said the sergeant.
"No, no no!" said the man. "I want to know how he got into the house without waking my wife. I"ve been trying to do that for years!"
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—contr. Do not. —n. Prohibition (dos and don'ts).
—n. - a grim fate or destiny. B death or ruin.
- condemnation. —v. - (usu. Foll. By to) condemn or destine. - (esp. As doomed adj.) Consign to misfortune or destruction. [old english, = *statute] DOOR
n. - a esp. Hinged barrier for closing and opening the entrance to a building, room, cupboard, etc. B this as representing a house etc. (lives two doors away).
- a entrance or exit; doorway. B means of access. close (or open) the door to exclude (or create) an opportunity for. [old english] DOPE
—n. - a slang narcotic. B drug etc. Given to a horse, athlete, etc., to improve performance.
- thick liquid used as a lubricant etc. - varnish. - slang stupid person. - slang information. —v. DORY
n. (pl. Same or -ies) any of various edible marine fish, esp. The john dory. [french doree = gilded]
—n. - single portion of medicine.
- experience of something (dose of flu, laughter). - amount of radiation received. - slang venereal infection. —v. (-sing) treat with or give doses of medicine to. [greek dosis gift] DOSH
n. Slang money. [origin unknown]
v. - (often foll. By down) slang sleep roughly or in a doss-house.
- (often foll. By about, around) spend time idly. [probably originally = ‘seat-back cover’: from latin dorsum back] DOTE
v. (-ting) (foll. By on) be excessively fond of. dotingly adv. [origin uncertain]
adj. Severe, stern, obstinate. [probably gaelic dúr dull, obstinate]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A rat can last longer without water than a camel can.