A college student was delivering pizza to a regular customer"s house in New York.
The guy who answered the door asked him, "What is the usual tip?"
"Well," replied the youth,"this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I"ll be doing great."
"Is that so?" snorted the man. "Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here"s five dollars."
"Thanks!" replied the youth, "I"ll put this in my school fund."
"What are you studying?" asked the man.
The lad smiled and said: "Applied psychology."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
adj. (of an insect) having two wings. [greek pteron wing]
n. - directing; supervision.
- (usu. In pl.) Order or instruction. - line along which, or point to or from which, a person or thing moves or looks. - tendency or scope of a theme, subject, etc. DIRECTIVE
—n. Order from an authority. —adj. Serving to direct.
enquiries n.pl. Telephone service providing a subscriber's number on request.
- n. (pl. -ies) book with a list of telephone subscribers, inhabitants of a district, or members of a profession etc. [latin: related to *direct] DIRIGIBLE
—adj. Capable of being guided. —n. Dirigible balloon or airship. [related to *direct]
v. - cease to be visible.
- cease to exist or be in circulation or use. - (of a person) go missing. disappearance n. DISCHARGE
—v. (-ging) 1 release (a prisoner); allow (a patient, jury) to leave.
- dismiss from office or employment. - fire (a gun etc.). - throw; eject. - emit, pour out (pus etc.). - (foll. By into) (of a river etc.) Flow into (esp. The sea). - a carry out (a duty or obligation). B relieve oneself of (a debt etc.). C relieve (a bankrupt) of residual liability. - law cancel (an order of court). - release an electrical charge from. 10 a relieve (a ship etc.) Of cargo. B unload (cargo). —n. - discharging or being discharged. - certificate of release, dismissal, etc. - matter discharged; pus etc. - release of an electric charge, esp. With a spark. DISCOLOUR
v. (us discolor) cause to change from its normal colour; stain; tarnish. discoloration n.
v. (-t-) disconcert, baffle, frustrate. discomfiture n. [french: related to *dis-, *confection]
—n. - conversation.
- lengthy treatment of a subject. - lecture, speech. —v. (-sing) 1 converse. - speak or write at length on a subject. [latin curro curs- run]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
If baby geese are hatched in the absence of their mother, they will follow the first moving object that they see.