Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - anguish or suffering caused by pain, sorrow, worry, etc.
- poverty. - law = *distraint. —v. Cause distress to, make unhappy. in distress suffering or in danger. distressful adj. [romanic: related to *distrain] DISTRICT
attorney n. (in the us) prosecuting officer of a district.
- n. - (often attrib.) Area regarded as a geographical or administrative unit (the peak district; postal district; wine-growing district). - administrative division of a county etc. [latin: related to *distrain] - nurse n. Nurse who makes home visits in an area. DISTRUST
—n. Lack of trust; suspicion. —v. Have no trust in. distrustful adj. Distrustfully adv.
n. Lack of union; separation; dissension.
v. (-ting) 1 remove the unity from.
- separate. disunity n. DIURETIC
—adj. Causing increased output of urine. —n. Diuretic drug. [greek: related to *dia-, oureo urinate]
adj. Chem. Having a valency of two.
v. Bomb (a target) from a diving aircraft. dive-bomber n.
n. - share of profits paid to shareholders or to winners in a football pool etc.
- number to be divided. - benefit from an action. [anglo-french: related to *divide] DIVINITY
n. (pl. -ies) 1 being divine.
- god; godhead. - theology.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Ostriches can run faster than horses.