Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. (us candor) frankness; openness. [latin candor]
n. (pl. -ies) canning-factory.
n. Mus. Composition with vocal solos and usu. Choral and orchestral accompaniment. [italian: related to *chant]
n. - a restaurant for employees in an office, factory, etc. B shop for provisions in a barracks or camp.
- case of cutlery. - soldier's or camper's water-flask. [italian, = cellar] CANVASS
—v. - solicit votes, esp. From a constituency electorate.
- a ascertain the opinions of. B seek custom from. - propose (an idea or plan etc.). —n. Canvassing, esp. Of electors. canvasser n. [originally = toss in sheet, from *canvas] CAPABLE
adj. - competent, able, gifted.
- (foll. By of) a having the ability, fitness, etc. For. B admitting of (explanation, improvement, etc.). capably adv. [latin capio hold] CAPITAL
gain n. Profit from the sale of investments or property.
- goods n.pl. Machinery, plant, etc. - levy n. Tax on wealth or property. - sum n. Lump sum, esp. Payable to an insured person. - transfer tax n. Hist. Tax levied on the transfer of capital by gift or bequest etc. - transfer tax n. Hist. Tax levied on the transfer of capital by gift or bequest etc. - —n. - chief town or city of a country or region. - a money etc. With which a company starts in business. B accumulated wealth. - capitalists collectively. - capital letter. - head of a column or pillar. —adj. - a principal, most important. B colloq. Excellent. - a involving punishment by death. B (of an error etc.) Vitally harmful, fatal. - (of letters of the alphabet) large in size, used to begin sentences and names etc. make capital out of use to one's advantage. [latin caput -itis head] CAPRICE
n. - a whim. B tendency to this.
- lively or fanciful work of art, music, etc. [italian capriccio sudden start] CAPSIZE
v. (-zing) (of a boat etc.) Be overturned; overturn. [spanish capuzar sink]
lathe n. Lathe with a revolving tool-holder.
- n. - thick revolving cylinder for winding a cable etc. - revolving spindle carrying the spool on a tape recorder. [provençal]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.