What’s the definition of a pessimist? A pessimist is a well-informed optimist.
||Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with: C
Found: 2865 results
—n. - special skill or technique.
- occupation needing this.
- (pl. Craft) a boat or vessel. B aircraft or spacecraft.
- cunning or deceit. —v. Make in a skilful way. [old english]
n. Bird of the rail family, esp. The corncrake. [old norse, imitative of cry]
—n. - painful involuntary muscular contraction.
- (also cramp-iron) metal bar with bent ends for holding masonry etc. Together. —v. - affect with cramp.
- (often foll. By up) confine narrowly.
- fasten with a cramp. cramp a person's style prevent a person from acting freely or naturally. [low german or dutch]
—n. - machine with a long projecting arm for moving heavy objects.
- tall wading bird with long legs, neck, and bill. —v. (-ning) (also absol.) Stretch out (one's neck) in order to see something. [old english]
—n. - part of an axle or shaft bent at right angles for converting reciprocal into circular motion or vice versa.
- eccentric person. —v. Cause to move by means of a crank. crank up start (a car engine) with a crank. [old english]
n. CrEpe, usu. Of black silk, formerly used for mourning. [from *crEpe]
n.pl. Us (also crap game) gambling dice game. [origin uncertain]
barrier n. Barrier at the side or centre of a road etc.
- —v. - (cause to) make a loud smashing noise.
- throw, drive, move, or fall with a loud smash.
- (often foll. By into) collide or fall, or cause (a vehicle etc.) To collide or fall, violently; overturn at high speed.
- collapse financially.
- colloq. Gatecrash.
- computing (of a machine or system) fail suddenly.
- colloq. Pass (a red traffic-light etc.).
- (often foll. By out) slang sleep, esp. On a floor etc. —n. - loud and sudden smashing noise.
- violent collision or fall, esp. Of a vehicle.
- ruin, esp. Financial.
- computing sudden failure of a machine or system.
- (attrib.) Done rapidly or urgently (crash course in first aid). —adv. With a crash (go crash). [imitative]
- n. Coarse plain fabric of linen, cotton, etc. [russian]
adj. Gross; grossly stupid. crassly adv. Crassness n. [latin crassus thick]
—n. - slatted wooden case etc. For conveying esp. Fragile goods.
- slang old aircraft or other vehicle. —v. (-ting) pack in a crate. [perhaps from dutch]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.