A doctor and a lawyer were attending a cocktail party when the doctor was approached by a man who asked advice on how to handle his ulcer.
The doctor mumbled some medical advice, then turned to the lawyer and asked,
"How do you handle the situation when you are asked for advice during a social function?"
"Just send a bill for such advice" replied the lawyer.
On the next morning the doctor arrived at his surgery and issued the ulcer-stricken man a $50 bill.
That afternoon he received a $100 bill from the lawyer.
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—n. - a side of the face below the eye. B side-wall of the mouth.
- a impertinence; cool confidence. B impertinent speech. - slang buttock. —v. Be impertinent to. cheek by jowl close together; intimate. [old english] CHEEP
—n. Weak shrill cry of a young bird. —v. Make such a cry. [imitative]
—n. - shout of encouragement or applause.
- mood, disposition (full of good cheer). - (in pl.; as int.) Colloq. A expressing good wishes on parting or before drinking. B expressing gratitude. —v. - a applaud with shouts. B (usu. Foll. By on) urge with shouts. - shout for joy. - gladden; comfort. cheer up make or become less depressed. [latin cara face, from greek] CHESS
n. Game for two with 16 men each, played on a chessboard. [french: related to *check]
n. - large strong box.
- a part of the body enclosed by the ribs. B front surface of the body from the neck to the bottom of the ribs. - small cabinet for medicines etc. get a thing off one's chest colloq. Disclose a secret etc. To relieve one's anxiety about it. [latin cista] - of drawers n. Piece of furniture consisting of a set of drawers in a frame. CHEWY
adj. (-ier, -iest) 1 needing much chewing.
- suitable for chewing. chewiness n. CHICK
n. - young bird.
- slang young woman. [old english: related to *chicken] CHIDE
v. (past chided or chid; past part. Chided or chidden) archaic scold, rebuke. [old english]
constable n. Head of the police force of a county etc.
- of staff n. Senior staff officer of a service or command. - —n. - a leader or ruler. B head of a tribe, clan, etc. - head of a department; highest official. —adj. - first in position, importance, influence, etc. - prominent, leading. [latin caput head] CHILD
abuse n. Maltreatment of a child, esp. By physical violence or sexual molestation.
- benefit n. Regular payment by the state to the parents of a child up to a certain age. - care n. The care of children, esp. By a local authority. - n. (pl. Children) 1 a young human being below the age of puberty. B unborn or newborn human being. - one's son or daughter. - (foll. By of) descendant, follower, or product of. - childish person. childless adj. [old english]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
At birth, a panda is smaller than a mouse and weighs about four ounces.