Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents the week before Christmas.
At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers when the youngest one began praying at the top of his lungs.
"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE…
I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO…
I PRAY FOR A NEW VCR…"
His older brother leaned over and nudged the younger brother and said, "Why are you shouting your prayers? God isn’t deaf."
To which the little brother replied, "No, but Grandma is!”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. (-ting) (usu. Foll. By with) express or feel sympathy. commiseration n. [latin: related to *miser]
n. (pl. -ies) 1 sharing of an attribute.
- common occurrence. - = *commonalty. [var. Of *commonalty] COMMONPLACE
—adj. Lacking originality; trite; ordinary. —n. - event, topic, etc. That is ordinary or usual.
- trite remark. [translation of latin locus communis] COMMUNICANT
n. - person who receives holy communion.
- person who imparts information. [related to *communicate] COMMUNICATE
v. (-ting) 1 impart, transmit (news, heat, motion, feelings, disease, ideas, etc.).
- succeed in conveying information. - (often foll. By with) relate socially; have dealings. - be connected (they have communicating rooms). communicator n. Communicatory adj. [latin: related to *common] COMPARATIVE
—adj. - perceptible or estimated by comparison; relative (in comparative comfort).
- of or involving comparison (a comparative study). - gram. (of an adjective or adverb) expressing a higher degree of a quality (e.g. Braver, more quickly). —n. Gram. Comparative expression or word. comparatively adv. [latin: related to *compare] COMPARTMENT
n. - space within a larger space, separated by partitions.
- watertight division of a ship. - area of activity etc. Kept apart from others in a person's mind. [latin: related to *part] COMPENDIOUS
adj. Comprehensive but brief. [latin: related to *compendium]
n. - (often foll. By for) competing.
- event in which people compete. - the other people or trade competing; opposition. [latin: related to *compete] COMPETITIVE
adj. - of or involving competition.
- (of prices etc.) Comparing favourably with those of rivals. - having a strong urge to win. competitiveness n.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A crocodile cannot stick out its tongue.