A friend was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.
He grabbed my friend by the hand and pulled him aside. Pastor said, “You need to join the Army of the Lord!”
My friend said, “I’m already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor.”
Pastor questioned, “How come I don’t see you except at Christmas and Easter?”
He whispered back, “I’m in the Secret Service.”
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
v. - grasp mentally; understand.
- include. [latin comprehendo seize] COMPRESSOR
n. Machine for compressing air or other gases.
—n. - settlement of a dispute by mutual concession.
- (often foll. By between) intermediate state between conflicting opinions, actions, etc. —v. (-sing) 1 a settle a dispute by mutual concession. B modify one's opinions, demands, etc. - bring into disrepute or danger by indiscretion. [latin: related to *promise] COMPULSION
n. - compelling or being compelled; obligation.
- irresistible urge. [latin: related to *compel] COMPULSIVE
adj. - compelling.
- resulting or acting (as if) from compulsion (compulsive gambler). - irresistible (compulsive entertainment). compulsively adv. [medieval latin: related to *compel] COMPULSORY
adj. - required by law or a rule.
- essential. compulsorily adv. - purchase n. Enforced sale of land or property to a local authority etc. CONCENTRIC
adj. Having a common centre. concentrically adv. [french or medieval latin: related to *centre]
n. - conceiving or being conceived.
- idea, plan. - understanding (has no conception). conceptional adj. [french from latin: related to *concept] CONCEPTUAL
adj. Of mental conceptions or concepts. conceptually adv.
prep. About, regarding.
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A cow gives nearly 200,000 glasses of milk in her lifetime.