A college student was delivering pizza to a regular customer"s house in New York.
The guy who answered the door asked him, "What is the usual tip?"
"Well," replied the youth,"this is my first trip here, but the other guys say if I get a quarter out of you, I"ll be doing great."
"Is that so?" snorted the man. "Well, just to show them how wrong they are, here"s five dollars."
"Thanks!" replied the youth, "I"ll put this in my school fund."
"What are you studying?" asked the man.
The lad smiled and said: "Applied psychology."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
n. - large black bird with a powerful black beak.
- similar bird, e.g. The raven, rook, and jackdaw. as the crow flies in a straight line. [old english] - —v. - (past crowed or crew) (of a cock) utter a loud cry. - (of a baby) utter happy cries. - (usu. Foll. By over) gloat; show glee. —n. Cry of a cock or baby. [old english] CRUD
n. Slang 1 deposit of grease etc.
- unpleasant person. cruddy adj. (-ier, -iest). [var. Of *curd] CRUX
n. (pl. Cruxes or cruces) decisive point at issue. [latin, = cross]
root n. Number which produces a given number when cubed.
- —n. - solid contained by six equal squares. - cube-shaped block. - product of a number multiplied by its square. —v. (-bing) 1 find the cube of (a number). - cut (food etc.) Into small cubes. [latin from greek] CUFF
n. - end part of a sleeve.
- us trouser turn-up. - (in pl.) Colloq. Handcuffs. off the cuff colloq. Without preparation, extempore. [origin unknown] - —v. Strike with an open hand. —n. Such a blow. [perhaps imitative] CULE
suffix forming (orig. Diminutive) nouns (molecule). [latin -culus]
—v. - select or gather (knowledge culled from books).
- gather (flowers etc.). - a select (animals), esp. For killing. B reduce the population of (an animal) by selective slaughter. —n. - culling or being culled. - animal(s) culled. [french: related to *collect1] CULT
n. - religious system, sect, etc., esp. Ritualistic.
- a devotion to a person or thing (cult of aestheticism). B fashion. C (attrib.) Fashionable (cult film). [latin: related to *cultivate] CUNT
n. Coarse slang 1 female genitals.
- offens. Unpleasant person. [origin uncertain] CURB
—n. - check, restraint.
- strap etc. Passing under a horse's lower jaw, used as a check. - enclosing border, e.g. The frame round a well or a fender round a hearth. - = *kerb. —v. - restrain. - put a curb on (a horse). [french: related to *curve]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
Camel"s milk does not curdle.