A man met his tailor in the street and stopped him.
"I quite forgot to pay for the suit which I have on now," he said. "Why didn"t you remind me?"
"I never ask a gentleman for money," the tailor replied.
"Then what do you do if he doesn"t pay?"
"Well, after some time I no longer think he is a gentleman and then I ask him."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
Abbr. - company.
- county. - abbr. Care of. - abbr. Commanding officer. - prefix added to: 1 nouns, with the sense ‘joint, mutual, common’ (co-author; coequality). - adjectives and adverbs, with the sense ‘jointly, mutually’ (coequal). - verbs, with the sense ‘together with another or others’ (cooperate). [var. Of *com-] - symb. Cobalt. CP
abbr. Cycles per second.
- gas n. Tear-gas used to control riots etc. [corson and stoughton, names of chemists] - symb. Caesium. CU
- symb. Copper. [latin cuprum] CV
Abbr. (also cv) curriculum vitae.
suffix denoting state, condition, or status (idiocy; captaincy). [latin -cia, greek -kia]
abbr. Civil aviation authority.
n. - taxi.
- driver's compartment in a lorry, train, or crane etc. [abbreviation of *cabriolet] CAD
abbr. Computer aided design.
- n. Man who behaves dishonourably. caddish adj. [abbreviation of *caddie]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A dog can hear sounds 250 yards away.