Two cowboys come upon an Indian lying on his stomach with his ear to the ground. One of the cowboys stops and says to the other, "You see that Indian?"
"Yeah," says the other cowboy.
"Look," says the first one, "he’s listening to the ground. He can hear things for miles in any direction."
Just then the Indian looks up. "Covered wagon," he says, "about two miles away. Have two horses, one brown, one white. Man, woman, child, household effects in wagon."
"Incredible!" says the cowboy to his friend. "This Indian knows how far away they are, how many horses, what color they are, who is in the wagon, and what is in the wagon. Amazing!"
The Indian looks up and says, "Ran over me about a half hour ago."
Crossword puzzle help
List of words beginning with:
—adj. - of or at a fairly low temperature, fairly cold.
- suggesting or achieving coolness. - calm, unexcited. - lacking enthusiasm. - unfriendly (a cool reception). - calmly audacious. - (prec. By a) colloq. At least (cost a cool thousand). - slang esp. Us marvellous. —n. - coolness. - cool air or place. - slang calmness, composure. —v. (often foll. By down, off) make or become cool. cool it slang relax, calm down. coolly adv. Coolness n. [old english] COON
n. - us racoon.
- slang offens. Black. [abbreviation] COOP
n. Colloq. Cooperative society or shop. [abbreviation]
- —n. Cage for keeping poultry. —v. (often foll. By up, in) confine (a person). [latin cupa cask] COOT
n. - black aquatic bird with a white horny plate on its forehead.
- colloq. Stupid person. [probably low german] COPE
v. (-ping) (often foll. By with) deal effectively or contend; manage. [french: related to *coup]
- —n. Priest's long cloaklike vestment. —v. (-ping) cover with a cope or coping. [latin cappa *cap] COPT
n. - native egyptian in the hellenistic and roman periods.
- native christian of the independent egyptian church. [french from arabic] COPY
—n. (pl. -ies) 1 thing made to imitate another.
- single specimen of a publication or issue. - material to be printed, esp. Regarded as good etc. Reading matter (the crisis will make exciting copy). —v. (-ies, -ied) 1 make a copy of. - imitate, do the same as. [latin copia transcript] CORD
—n. - a flexible material like thick string, made from twisted strands. B piece of this.
- similar structure in the body. - a ribbed fabric, esp. Corduroy. B (in pl.) Corduroy trousers. - electric flex. —v. - fasten or bind with cord. - (as corded adj.) (of cloth) ribbed. [greek khorde string] CORE
—n. - horny central part of certain fruits, containing the seeds.
- central or most important part of anything (also attrib.: core curriculum). - inner central region of the earth. - part of a nuclear reactor containing fissile material. - hist. Structural unit in a computer, storing one bit of data (see *bit4). - inner strand of an electric cable. - piece of soft iron forming the centre of an electromagnet or induction coil. —v. (-ring) remove the core from. corer n. [origin unknown] CORK
—n. - buoyant light-brown bark of a s. European oak.
- bottle-stopper of cork etc. - float of cork. - (attrib.) Made of cork. —v. (often foll. By up) 1 stop or confine. - restrain (feelings etc.). [spanish alcorque]
html-code online crossword dictionary:
To add to the dictionary krossvordista new word or its definition to an existing word, click on the "Add a word or definition of" fill opened form and click "to send".
A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.